Coventry has, for many years boasted a vibrant jazz scene with a wealth of local musical talent and enthusiastic fans.
Jazz-a-matazz was formed in 2008 (formerly Westwood Jazz), following the sad demise of the well loved and popular Sunday afternoon jazz at The Cocked Hat in Binley.
Jazz-a-matazz then hosted live jazz sessions for 12 years at The Westwood Reading Rooms, Westwood Heath Road, Coventry, CV4 8GP.
Following the Coronavirus pandemic, all of the live jazz was cancelled at The Westwood and the management at the Westwood have concluded it is “not viable” for us to host there any longer.
We have secured a new venue, and we hope to continue to promote live jazz at
The Eastern Green Social Club
CANCELLED DUE TO COVENTRY MOVING INTO TIER 2 CoViD 19 RESTRICTIONS FROM MIDNIGHT FRIDAY 23rd OCTOBER.
Please see diary page for updates and band information.
Whether you are new to jazz or a seasoned jazzer; our live music sessions offer a great value for money afternoon of music and entertainment. The different jazz styles range from Traditional, New Orleans, Hot Club, Swing and Be-bop, no genre is unheard of!
♬♪ CORONAVIRUS, THE RULES ♪♬
You MUST NOT attend
- If you have had symptoms of coronavirus within the last 14 days.
- If you have been in contact with others that report coronavirus symptoms.
When you DO attend
- We will need you to provide Track and Trace information which will be held on file securely for 3 weeks.
- You should notify us if you develop symptoms in the 2 weeks after your visit to us.
- On arrival, you should form a socially distanced queue, respecting others space (1 to 2 meters).
- We will have a MAX capacity of 60 to enable social distancing.
- First come, first served. Please pre-book your table. (MAX 6 per table)
- It’ll be difficult, but please no hugging, kissing or handshaking.
- There will be a one-way flow around the room.
- Drinks will be ordered by table service only and cash only.
- There will be no dancing permitted at present, there will be seating on the dancefloor.
- You should not sing along to the music nor speak to others using a raised voice, as raised voices are not permitted.
- You should wear a face mask when walking around the room to your seat, to the bar or to the toilets. Once seated, masks are not needed.
- You should remain seated for the whole performance.
- Sanitise your hands regularly and wash hands thoroughly after using the toilets. Hand sanitiser will be on your table, please do not remove.
- You should not approach band members and break the 2m social distancing rule at any time. This is their place of work and we have a duty of care for their health and safety.
- You will be asked to leave the room table by table. Please leave promptly.
These rules are boring, but necessary. And it’s certainly better than nothing!
And there are hefty fines if it can be proved that we are not compliant.